Feature request and game discussion
By calpolyfan
Come on guys! You're supposedly releasing this game in this quarter, and the entire forum is over run with shoe ads for a week, and nobody cleans out this junk?

Try harder if you want this game to take off.
By calpolyfan
If you give me moderator privileges, I would be happy to remove the shoe add stuff for you. I think I check this forum more often than you do, and won't delete anything that isn't obvious spam.
By Kaffeebart
I also suggested this in one of my spam reports. But nobody seems to be interested here.
In the meantime i have given up reporting these posts

It would also be possible to add an additional hurdle. For example, the first 3-5 posts of a new member have to be checked by a mod before being released.
By calpolyfan
Kaffeebart wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:26 am I also suggested this in one of my spam reports. But nobody seems to be interested here.
In the meantime i have given up reporting these posts

It would also be possible to add an additional hurdle. For example, the first 3-5 posts of a new member have to be checked by a mod before being released.
That's a very good idea regarding the first 3 posts being vetted.

I'm not sure why the team @ Real Welders hasn't been a bit more on top of this forum and interacting with the fans in general. Definitely could use some work in that department.
By Kaffeebart
calpolyfan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:47 pm I'm not sure why the team @ Real Welders hasn't been a bit more on top of this forum and interacting with the fans in general. Definitely could use some work in that department.
For me it seems, that RealWelder is a one Man show with very small experience ;-) So there is no time for anything else than programming the game. That could also be the reason why the game should start in 2018 and at end of 2019 there are still no playable results :-P
I'm fine with that but a little (just a little) more conversation would be nice.
By Evgeniy
You are very close but not completely. We are team of 6 and Sky Haven is a really big project. Regarding to the forum and spam issue maybe it would be a good idea to have moderators team for cleaning from spam.
By calpolyfan
I think having a team of moderators would be a good idea. The "first 3 posts being vetted" idea is also good.

I understand you guys would have a hard time allowing people who aren't in the "inner circle" of the six guys creating the game to have mod. privileges on your forum, but with a mod-log you could take a look yourselves at any changes/edits made, and take away that privilege if it was misused.

I think you underestimate how much aviation fans want this game to succeed, and hope you put a little trust in the "annoying nagging voices" you hear trying to give you constructive criticism. Anyone around here, besides the shoe ad. people really want this game to be as successful as possible.

Anyway, looking forward to Devblog #10: Jetbridges and Concourses ... ;)